Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What Do I Learn about Classroom Management?

            There is no perfect person but there is always something perfect in her.
            I live in this statement. I make the most on every turning point in my life to make people feel and realize this statement about me. Sounds risky, right? But even if nobody has become perfect, aiming to be perfect could lead you to near perfection. That makes your efforts worthwhile. I know I will never be the perfect teacher. But in any case, I know I can be perfect in something.
            My “Classroom Management” class taught me to look through the meaningful experiences prior to becoming a teacher. During the field study, I learned about how to apply different teaching-learning principles and when to apply these. I was able to share my thoughts with my classmates and friends about some learners’ characteristics and needs and how to manage their behaviors. I was able to experience observing elementary and secondary teachers to identify what are their learning objectives, learning activities, instructional materials and assessment tools used by the teachers and learn from them.
            “Maintaining the learning environment’s mood is a great challenge for teachers. This means teacher need to innovate and improvise the usual teaching strategy as much as possible to avoid bored times. Learning activities should also be made more interesting to maximize class participation.” These are kind words from my resource teacher.

            I am not perfect but I know that if I’ll aim for it, I can always let my students feel that I am their perfect teacher, perfect example, and perfect inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment